advertise here

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ajahn Mun the final days Sakon Nakhon, an Overview 05.08.12

Sister Jahn, in the Museum with photo of her Father a student of Ajan Mun
"My illness has now reached its final stage. It is time to think about what will happen when I die-preparations must be made in time". Ajahn Mun told the gathered monks. "I want you to take me to Sakon Nakhon so I can die there. That town has a large marketplace, so my death should not affect the lives of so many animals". Leaving Ban Nong Pheu at nine o'clock that morning the procession eventually reached Ban Phu monastery,just outside Phanna Nikkom, shortly before dark. All of this can be read in the book witten by Acariya Maha Boowa title "Venerable Acariya Mun Bhuridatta Thera" To live it in visiting those places and meeting the people whose families were involved in ajahn Muns last days is an honor and an experience I will always cherish. To sit in the small shrine\exhibit\museum at the monastery now called Wat Pa Klang Non Phu with Sister Jahn who was telling the story about her father and the trip to the temple, barely 15 kilometers away it's start along rough roads with 1,00s of monks and supporters.
She also shared the story about the opening of the museum and Laungta Maha Boowa's visit.
These amazing stories and more will be appear in future blog posts.
The final picture of Ajahn Mun in his casket, behind the assembled monks and much more. From Ajahn Mun' first visits in Mukdahan and Pansaa at Wat Nong Nong in Kamcha-I to his final years. I have had the priveledge of meeting, visiting with so many people. Experiencing his  legacy in Isaan. One hell of a man and one hell of a story.