advertise here

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

In Search of Kammathana Dhutanga Buddhism in Northeast Thailand

Young Tapai, who was to become Mae Chee Kaew commented on the physical differences between Ajahns Sao and Mun. "Ajahn Mun was shorter and more slender than Ajahn Sao" The pictures I've seen and my minds eye always had Ajahn Mun taller, but I guess that's the way it works. Anyhow, that statement took me to a Google Search for photos wher i found a link to a site that talked about the cave "Tham Champa Kantasilavas" in Mukdahan where suddenly Ajahns Sao and Mun spent more than 1 Pansaa together. Which now puts Ajahn Mun in 3 places at the same time. According to Wikipedia he is in Ubon, according to Mae Chee Kaeow he is in Wat Nong Nong and according to this writer he is with Ajahn Sao.
Whatever the case I have now, for now, sorted out that Ajahn SAo according to another source spent the rains retreat of 1914 at Ban Klang cave, which I may have a location for. I have visited Tham Champa Kantasilavas, which I will post soon, To me whatever the case may be is the fact that this area plays such an important part in the life's Ajahns Sao, Mun,  Maha Boowa, Mae Chee Kaew and others.
I will be spending more time in the area bring you more information about Kammathana Dhutanga Buddhism and the stories of these amazing people