advertise here

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Beuang sawang at wat phra choeng chum, sakon nakhon, thailand

when the racket first started I thought it was practice for the birthday celebration of HRH The Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn, born 28 July 1952. They have been anouncing over the PA system that there will be a big ceremony tomorrow the day before his birthday at the temple. When I got down there it appeared to be part of a Baci, not not like a Baci I have ever witnessed. The folks there tried to tell me it is a Buddhist ceremonky. When I asked about the Pha Kwan and the dancing women they kind of giggled and wandered off. As you can see there are a number of kwan and the one, more active, dancer seems to be in charge almost acting like the Maw Khan at a baci. There also seems to be only one family under the shade, and a fair few have stopped and looked even more confused than me. Latest I have is that it is a Buang Sawanng or seuwang. If I ever get an explanation I will post it. But enjoy the music and dancing