advertise here

Friday, March 30, 2012

Google Places (Restaurants) vs Tourism Authority of Thailand all at Beung Kaen Nakhon, Khon Kaen

Here is a picture of the Tourism Authority of Thailand brochure for Khon Kaen of the beung Kaen Nakhon area. It features 2 restaurants at the top of the page. The star is for "Treasure hall. I assume they mean the City Museum. And lower left for "Wat Nongwaeng", but I think the may be referring to the Mahathat..
Of the 2 restaurants "Bua Luang a huge establishment out on the beung is there. The 2d they show where I have not noticed, along a line of night time bars is called "Thong Garden Restaurant. The Thai is "Rahn Ahaan Thong Garden" in Thai script is what I am saying. I will check it out and let you know.
Now what I have done is uploaded to Picasa Webe the restaurants it found in Google Places. A few more than the Tourism Authority of Thailand managed to find it seems.
I will be doing this comparison on a regular basis. Tourism Authority of Thailand has been in existence more than 50 years and they are made a mockery of by upstart "Google".I would have thought in more than 50 years the Tourism Authority of Thailand would have a little better knowledge of Thailand.
The point is use Google Maps and Places if you have a smartphone or tablet. and checkin at places so others can use the information as well.