advertise here

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

วัดอุดมประชาราษฎร์ Wat Udom Pracharat na chan, kalasin

This is another of the temples listed by the "Culture and Arts Center" at Khon Kaen University. as you can see there is quite a difference between my survey and the Center's.
While in Kalasin I was directed to the Government Office of Buddhist Affairs by Khun Prasit where I discovered with the help of the Director and staff a reference book titled "History of Wats Throughout the Kingdom", which has at least 13 probably more volumes. and am now getting translations for upcoming articles. What I ask now is why did not Samosorn or the "culure and Arts Center" at Khon Kaen University or anyone else I have looked up use this reference data? Also Google Maps shows this wat in the wrong location it is about 600 meters down the road to the south as shown in my Kalasin map.Anyhow I am continuing to refine my technique and hope the findings are of interest to you all.
click on the up arrow in the lower right hand corner to view the album full screenalbum up arrow to view full screen

No comments:

Post a Comment