advertise here

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wat Thepponpradittaram วัดเทพพลประดิษฐาราม Wiang Khuk, Nong Khai Thailand

This is another of the monasteries surveyed by the khon kaen university Culture and art Center. Once again they cerainly don't go "in depth" I am sure the chedis are more than 95 years old. Khun Prasit a Retired Government Officer, who knows the people in the region quite well, and has been very helpful over the years has given me the names of some contacts in Nong Khai Province. 1 the Deputy Chao Kana Changwat for the Province and more good direction. On the 8th of February Larry of Khon Kaen Retirement and I are heading out to the Mekong River in Mukdahan and Ubon. Larry will have a chance to exersize his metal detector in the sands of the Mekong, while I am poking around out monasteries trying to make sense of conflicting data from the "academics".
After a few days in Khon Kaen I will head back up to Nong Khai to see what I can do to search out the history of Wat Thepponpradittaram วัดเทพพลประดิษฐาราม and more
click on the up arrow in the lower right hand corner to view the album full screenalbum up arrow to view full screen