advertise here

Friday, January 20, 2012

The Esarn Cultural Center at Khon Kaen University, Part 1

I was on campus at Khon Kaen University on Thursday the 20th of January 2012 trying to get some information on a number of subjects. Now if any of you have ever been on a campus of a Thai University you have some idea of how closely guarded any form of information might be. At the end of a long search I finally ended up at the E-sarn Cultural Center on campus, a place I had visited often. It is located just beyond the Maliwan Road gate on the left. While there today I discovered 2 amazing art exhibits and a permanent set of exhibits I had not seen before. Now I know through experience that the Tourism Authority of Thailand knows little or nothing about Isaan, but to ignore this wonderful asset is absolutely disgusting . So for the next few weeks or more I will present  additional information about this amazing resource. This is part 1 of the series, where I present the first of the "28th Exhibition of Contemporary art by Young Artists on the occasion of Silpa Bhirasri  Day."  Born Corrado Feroci (15 September 1892 – 14 May 1962) was an Italian-born sculpture who worked mainly in Thailand and is considered the father of modern art in Thailand and was instrumental in the founding of Silpakorn University. I was graciously given the catalogue for this exhibit as well as for the "57th National Exhibition of Art". And the entries selected. 26 young artists were selected and this is the 1st part on their presentation.
click on the up arrow in the lower right hand corner to view the album full screen