advertise here

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Art of Drawing ไพโรจน์ สโมสร Pairot Samosorn Sketches 1

Pairote Samosorn was born in 1939 and died in 2008. From 1971 till his retirement in 1999 he was a lecturer at Khon Kaen University. He authored a book titled "E-sarn Mural Paintings" 1989 (305 pages)Printed by Khon Kaen University. The book was a research Project funded by the Toyota Foundation Japan. The English section of the book begins on page 249 till the end. I have asked if the English section is a translation of the Thai, or just a summary of the Thai and I have not gotten an answer from those that I have asked. Pairote states the there are 74 "mural Wats in Isaan and discusses 11 in his book. I am presently trying to ffind the names of the other 63.
I was given a catalog  of his sketches "The Art of Drawing" I quite enjoy his work and have begun to scan some to share  with you
I saw 6 sketches of what I knew to be of Phu Pa Thoep in Mukdahan and scanned them as you will see below. Once I had scanned them and upjoaded the I noticed the caption " Pha Turb Ubon Rajathani". I don't know why this mistake is there and am tired of trying to find these things out.
anyhow I hope you enjoy the sketches and I will be posting more
lick on the up arrow in the lower right hand corner of the album to view full screen