advertise here

Sunday, December 4, 2011

On the Occasion of his 84th Birthday a look back at the 72d Birthday of King Bhumibol Adulyadej

I shot photos at Sanam Luang where the world record for number of canopies in the sky at once was recorded. Later  I sat with General Surayud  at the trooping of the colours and then we went on to Ubon to set a new record for a formation jump. I believe I have named those records accurately, but may be off. Jumpers from around the world joined together for the event in honor of the king. Unfortunately the 1st 3 rolls of slide film are in hiding and not available to present on the occasion of the King's 7th cycle.
Oddly enough I have 72 frames left and will share them with you all today. The couple photos of the trooping of the colours are "#$$@%#"ed up but here they are anyway. And as always click on the up arrow in the lower right hand corner for full screen