advertise here

Friday, December 2, 2011

Khmer Sites of Mahasarakham, Isaan a Review Part 1

From Khmer site at Baan Bua Mat, Borabue, Mahasarakham, Isaan
Earlier in 2011 as I was reviewing some of the sites I had visited throughout the region it became quite obvious that there were major errors and omissions in The Tourism Authority of Thailand's listings of tourist sites in the area. I found 1 site in particular that was advertised by TAT that had been closed for nearly 10 years and found many sites simply no listed.
When it came to Khmer sites I saw some listed by TAT and had seen more. The other problem with TAT and other "Travel Sites is the do not geotag sites and one is left to  dubious print directions. I one case I heard of a site in Borabue, in Mahasakham, luckily it was a small town. And being able to read a bit of Thai helps, as well. It was during this period that I found Prasat Ku Sanam, another unlisted site, Another site just outside of Mahasarakham University was all but obliterated but needed to be recorded as well.

There's just another look at how time and money consuming it is trying to identify sites of both Historical interest and of interest to modern visitors to the area
I hope you get the chance to visit and enjoy some on them