advertise here

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ubol Ratana Reservoir Update, isaan

I have previously presented information,  photos and maps of the area
 

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Monday, October 24, 2011

The road along the east side of the reservoir is now passable, but still inundated in some areas. I had the good sense to leave my measuring tape behind, but I estimate between 60-70cm, drop from cresting. You can easily see the drop in the DSLR photos I will publish in another post.
Much land is still inundated and some are pumping out low lying areas across the road.
Most villages are not longer inundated nor isolated and can be reached by car or motorcycle.
Grazing is still a problem in some areas and many people have suffered personal and business losses through the period

click to view map and album