advertise here

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ku Phan Na and I am even more confused in Isaan

There are area all over Isaan that are flooded and ignored. Suddenly one that isn't flooded makes the news, for being flooded.
The Nation English language, so to speak, in Thailand ran this story on 8 October Now I know that area and found the story questionable, so I headed out. I was told by a local that the area, inside a berm, around the Ku was flooded for about 5 days. It appears that this area could have been pumped out if there was any concern about the state of the foundattions. Since it has been there at least 800 years I would think the structure is more safe than most built in recent years in the region. I took numerous photos so you can judge for yourself.
as always click on the up arrow in the lower right hand corner of the album to view full screen