advertise here

Monday, October 10, 2011

Countdown to Pansaa, Beung Kaen Nakhon, Isaan, update 10.10.11

Well I have decided to get out of town today and get to a wat where I can observe Auk Pansaa. As I previously posted the Municipality of Khon Kaen and the Tourism Authority of Thailand are presenting a countdown to Auk Pansaa from the 7th to the 13th of the mont. Auk Pansaa is on the 12th.
I walk around the Beund early mornings when I am in town. Each morining I see the "recycling man" the guy who picks up the empty beer bottles from the night before. Usually on the weekends he gets about 2 Tesco bags full. For the past couple morning he has had more than 2 big rice bags collected. This is because of the countdaown party going on. So congratulations to the city and TAT for encouraging and promoting drinking before the end of Pansaa.
Also notice the monks sleeping outside the wat, before the end of Pansaa. The are supposed to be guarding wat stuff. Fine, if stuff needs guarding why isn't a supporter out there and the monks in the wat where they belong. And why aren't they on Pindabhat?
And the Buddhist slot machines are out on the bueng already and the Kratongs as, I am told Loy Kratong is celebrated the night before Auk Pansaa on the Beung. Great idea more drinking and youth bonking during the Pansaa.
Never mind I am outta here.