advertise here

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wat Pa Phuttapawiang

Last week in th Phu Wiang area I spotted the sign for the Wat and Cave and as the road did not look too bad decided to check it out. It was Boon Khao Saak and late in the morning so the first thing I saw was a bunch of old ladies sleeping in the sala. This is common at forest wats on uposatha days as the meal is offered to the monks about 0700 or so and by the time it is finished everyone is tired and wants to get some rest in anticipation of the all night sit.
What I was most suprised to discover was that this was a branch wat of Wat Nong Pa Pong, or Ajahn Chah.
Unfortunatly the abbot had left early for a meeting in Korat and was not due back till later in the afternoon and the road to the cave was washed out, so I went on my way. I did have a chance to chat with the old ladies and left my card for the abbot, who rang me later in the day to invite me back for a visit, which will happen in the not too distant future.