advertise here

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Phu Wiang is not in Phu Wiang, it is in Isaan though

As posted yesterday I need to get on the road and check a few sites out and update some maps. Well the 1st place I went to was Phu Wiang National Park, which is in Amphor Wiang Khao, Khon Kaen Province. More on this fact later.
The Dinosaur Park\Visitor Center is quite well done and on a cloudy rainy day and interesting site to photograph.
The Park itself has an entrance fee, but I was just waved through. Two people informed me that the price is 100 Baht if you have a Thai driving license. I also pointed out that I am not a Forigner. It was as I mentioned a cloudy rainy day so I did not get a chance to get out and about. The staff at the visitor center was quite helpful and pleasant and some of the information is in English.
These photos are geotagged and posted so you can see the areas. more DSLR photos soon.

Now to the next part of this post. Yesterday I posted a ">TAT critique and have received a number of comments.
To the person who informed me that I was stupid to follow a ten year old brochure I have 2 responses.
   1st; If the brochure is 10 years old it is a bit of a miracle because Amphor Wiang Khao did not exist 10 years ago. And for this I credit the Tourism Authority of Thailand for getting correct what many tourist sites and blogs get incorrect.
2d By now TAT should have their info presented digitally so that it can easily be updated. As I have mentioned in previous posts and elsewhere with little effort every site of interest, place of lodging, restaurant etc.,could easily be put into google maps for every province, amphor, tambon and tesaban.

Next to the comment that TAT sub-contracts much of their work.
Sorry no excuse they are responsible for what is posted under their name.

Khon Kaen and Mahasarakham, in less than 4 months, I have pointed out more than 20 errors, ommisions, mistakes by TAT, this is not counting Ubon and the others where there are many, many more.
Oh well never mind who cares, anyhow?