advertise here

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Kids art in Khon Kaen The Isaan 30.07.11

Over the past couple years I have posted a number of statuary and art gardens I have found throughout the region. And all sorts of stauary standing alone in varies locations. I quite often see kids art and have been amiss not to share it and as this was a very big week for me it's a good time.
Just to prove that a 63 year old man is not too old to learn I learned that the area I have lived for 16 years and have been associated with for nearly 30 is also known as The Isaan, not just Isaan. Now I have searched asked a few dozen Thais her about and they have no knowledge of the "The" preceding Isaan. Now I know these people must know what they are talking about because after 30 years as a student of monks like Luangta Maha Bua and Achaan Cha, they were kind enough to explain Buddhism to me. Am I stupid what a waste 5 years living in a Wat. I was also referred to as an expat with too mush time on my hands... "I wish! 63 and I certainly think I have too much time. Another 4 months a year ( and not in the rainy  season) might help me finish mapping the sites and confirming the in The Isaan. See, who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks. So, from The Isaan...woof, woof