advertise here

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Around Isaan, Khon Kaen

Over the past month I demonstrated that the Tourism Authority of Thailand, TAT, is in some cases more than 10 years out of date with their information. That their locations and signage are inept at best. I also demonstrated how travel sites and the like are quite good at copying and pasting incorrect information.

I also published this guide and then updated it about a week later.
And as some of you may know I spend a fair amount of time researching websites, blogs, travel guides and whatever else might cover Isaan. This Morning I ran across this Lonely Planet Entry. So my next challenge is to check it out for correctness.
 Their entry for  Prae Pan intrigued me as they called it an out of the way place yet I knew about wher it was and that was in an easily reachable place quite near the Khon Kaen Hospital.
You can read my post about the place here. And can go to my Picasa Web album to judge for yourself if it is out of the way.

Why they did not map this in town location is beyond me. Is it copied from another guide book? Hmmm.
Anyhow I find the place conveniently located, with a good selection and good prices. I score Lonely Planet a 3 out of 10 on this one.