advertise here

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Happy 12th Birthday in Isaan Thailand


1 of the first from film on the website
On  17 March  www.southeastasiatimes.com was will celebrate 12 years or its first cycle. Now www.isaan-life.com and the newest www.isaan-live.com are one in the same. The website is now a well organized control center for the blogs, e books and videos we are assembling.
12 years ago we had a twisted pair and a dial up modem as an internet connection and it was about 25 Baht (1$US in those days) to call Bangkok, a third that rate from midnight till 6am. I was customer #49 when Loxinfo opened its internet service and rumor had it that I was the 1st personal website in Thailand.
Along came 2002 and Sony came out with the Mavica and the digital age arrived in Thailand.
On 20 November 2006 http://isaan-life.blogspot.com and as of 2 years ago had posted less than 200 entries.  This post should be the 909th of that blog.
About 2 years ago I got my 1st Smartphone a Nokia E63 and am now behind an HTC Legend.
1st digital on the blog
Since the 24th of November 2010, 100 posts at Isaan Live where my smatphone photos appear.
Since the 28th of November 2010 only 8 posts to Isaan Maps, which is a bit deceiving as the maps there are regularly updated.
Since the 22d of that month Eat Isaan , where we spotlight food and restaurants in the region has posted 41 times. And last, but not least the Bog blog the same day with 33 posts.
I feel like I have been doing a lot of years of prep work and the whole thing has finally reached its infancy. Larry at Khon_Kaen Retirement has been a great help and inspiration. He even has me doing a bit of HTML, which I could not even spell a year ago. My infatuation with things “Google” continues. Picasa, Google Maps, Youtube provide useful tools that generally work well together in the blogosphere. I am not too grateful for some of the predicaments google maps have got me into in the field.
I look forward to the whole thing hopefully reaching some form of puberty in its second cycle.
A very special thanks to the people of Isaan who have been so hospitable, helpful over the years.
To the folks that have been supporters over the years, who appreciate my rapier wit, my personalization of the language and my dexterity on the keyboard, thanks a million.
To the rest…….

As Always

Me
I'll drink to that