Ajaan Wan was born in 1922 in Amphor Sawang Daen Din in Sakon Nakhon.
He was ordained as a novice at the age of 15 and studied at the province capital
On January 29th 1942 he took full ordination at wat Srangsok in what was then Yasothon district Ubon Ratchathani Privince.
In 1945 he went to stay with Ajaan Mun at what today is Wat Pa Phuritat and looked after Ajaan Mun for 5 years till his death.
In 1961 Ajaan Wan came to what is now Wat Tham Phuang.
Ajahn and other monks died in a plane crash 27 April 1980.
The chedi is not heavily visited and fewer people are aware of the museum below the chedi. As many site in Isaan Thailand the lighting is atrocious.